Thursday, August 26, 2010

Mogo Scooter (Ships in Assorted Colors)


I bought this item for work so folks in my area can scoot around campus to make meetings or deliver stuff. Now that it's together I'm pleased, it rides well and the brakes are good quality.

However, getting to that stage took more time that I expected. The box was pretty beat up, and there is little padding inside to protect the bike. The front reflector was in pieces. The fenders are pretty warped, but do fit. The main problem was that the back fork was too narrow. Either they made it too tight when they manufactured it or it took a serious bump. Regardless, I ended up filing the inside of the fork on both sides, and I had to manhandle the fork apart to get the back wheel to set in place, with the help of a hammer.

There was something wrong with the valve on the back tire. The front tire filled fine with my small compressor at home, but the head couldn't properly depress the pin on the valve on the back tire. Luckily my son left his upright hand pump at home so I used it, but I had to really force the air into the back tire to get it up to pressure.

I am tall (6'4") and the handle bar height is not adjustable, making for a slightly uncomfortable ride for me.

I also noticed that the website listed for the manufacturer was defunct.

But for the price it was a good deal. I am now looking at the Kickbike Sport Classic to buy for personal use. It is a blast to use one of these, it's both fun and a good workout.Get more detail about Mogo Scooter (Ships in Assorted Colors).

No comments:

Post a Comment