Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Low Price Avenir Bigmouth Velcro Seat Bag (Large- 73/106 Cubic Inches)


I sm very pleased with my purchase of this bag. It is all I was looking for at an affordable price. Before ordering, I was torn between this size of the Avenir Bigmouth (Large) or the Medium. I was afraid this one would be too big. But, after seeing a customer submitted photo of the bag actually on a bicycle, it didn't appear to be as big as I feared. Turns out, I was right. It is just the size I wanted for my Trek 7300 hybrid - I did have to relocate a round reflector that was mounted on the seat post, as the bag covered it. I moved it farther down, on the vertical frame member itself that the seat post slides into, where it is just as visible as before.

This bag is very well made with high quality, durable materials. Some of the features it has that I really like include:

- The expandability of the bag. Normally, when riding, I leave it unexpanded & there is enough room for a spare inner tube, an air pressure gauge, a small vinyl zippered pouch with Allen wrenches & tire tools, cell phone & my car keys - even my wallet can be wedged in as well, but I usually just carry my ID in case of emergency. But, it is nice to know that if and when I need the extra space, I can expand the bag 45% with a quick zip. And, when unexpanded, there is not any bunched up material visible inside, getting in the way of putting in & removing items.

- Inside the bag are two handy features - a small clip on a strap for car keys, and a mesh pocket on the inside of the bag's "door" if you will. The latter is a great place for holding ID, emergency contact info, etc., as they are very visible when you open the bag. Also, when I am carrying my bike on my Jeep's bike rack, I remove my cycling computer from its handlebar mount & slip it in this pouch so I can rest assured it will not be lost.

- As mentioned before, the bag is very well made. And, it is attractive as well!

- The added support of the main strap that, after being routed through the underside of the saddle, it then surrounds the bag itself, clipping shut with sliding length adjustment. It serves to secure the bag better, helping eliminate swaying of the bag when riding.

Bottom line, this bag does all I want & need, is attractive while doing so, & I am unaware it is there while riding. At an affordable price, what more could one ask for? Highly recommended.
Get more detail about Avenir Bigmouth Velcro Seat Bag (Large- 73/106 Cubic Inches).

No comments:

Post a Comment