Saturday, January 23, 2010

Discount Disney Princess Horn


There was another review in here about this problem. I took the horn out and squeezed it twice to the irritation of everyone and then the reed came out. It is loud and will make people get out of the way for sure. You can fix the loudness with a bit of tape across the holes - adjust / cut to your liking - but then, why have a horn? I took the horn apart and had to shake the horn to get the clear plastic reed and reed holder thing out. Make sure you do this over a well lit surface and not too far from the ground otherwise you might lose the reed. I replaced the reed and reed holder using some needle-nose pliers (be GENTLE!!!! Best to put the reed on top of the reed holder and push it in a bit with your hand then use the pliers). I used some paperboard (a small piece that won't interfere with the reed - maybe from the packaging) and put it under the reed holder to push it up and keep it from flying out again.

The "charms" are held onto the ribbon with "Post-It Note" glue almost, so there was another thing to fix before the kid could use it (wrapped tape around the ribbon). Also, the mount will take the paint off the bike but hold very well.

I do not have another horn to compare this to, and my kid loves this horn as cheaply made as it is so I am giving it 3 stars - it does work. If she did not like it, or was not repairable it would get 1. I mean all in all, I pretty much rebuilt the horn from parts, so unless you are into that I probably would buy it from a department store in case you have to return it.Get more detail about Disney Princess Horn.

No comments:

Post a Comment