Friday, January 22, 2010

Cheapest Cateye CC-MC100W Micro Wireless 10-Function Bicycle Computer


I have had this bike computer for about a year now, and have logged about 1,100 miles in that time. I'm not a long-distance cyclist, but I love to mountain bike and I ride my bike to work every day (about 5 miles round trip). So the computer gets a lot of use. My bike also sits out on my back porch, and while covered, does get a bit of the elements when it rains or when it's cold.

Despite this, the computer works as well now as the day I bought it. I've not even had to replace the battery yet.

I got the wireless version because it works better with my fork on my mountain bike, which has 130 mm of travel. I was concerned that i would constantly be readjusting it as it slipped or wiggled, but it's held very secure for the most part. At worst, I have to tighten the sensor every few weeks or so.

I love the trip vs. total distance function as it has allowed me to log total odometer on the bike so I know exactly how many miles I have on various components. If you happen to ride without if for a time, it is easy to adjust to reconcile.

The button is easy to use, even with gloves on, and the interface is simple.

I've used a few other computers on demo bikes and this one works as well for me as any of those, but i've not spent extended time with any others so I can't contrast as well as others.Get more detail about Cateye CC-MC100W Micro Wireless 10-Function Bicycle Computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment