Thursday, March 18, 2010

Save Cateye HL-EL220 LED Bicycle Headlight


I will admit I don't know much about bike lights and I have not compared this to other products so this is just me disclaiming that before hand.

I bought this for my occasional commute at night around the city of Los Angeles and did not expect it to fully light the road but expected to light the darker spots. It would seem that it is barley noticeable on the road even in some of the dark areas but is definitely good enough for the occasional street with no street lights at least. It is however bright enough to light up the road directly in front of you ( maybe 5 feet ) so at least I can avoid pot holes in the like. The battery life seems great and people on the road definitely notice me more with this light and in that respect works great. I purchased this light for close to $30 and feel that it was more of a $20 light the build quality is great and I love the fact that it can come off the bike so that I don't have to worry about anyone steeling it, and it makes a great flashlight. Another thing I have noticed is that it is much smaller in person then it appears to be as displayed by amazon, I have posted a picture to show this.

If I knew how this light performed before hand I might have gone with a different light like maybe one of the 1 watt planet bike ones. If all you need is for people to see you this will probably work fine. If you want something that will light up the road so that you can see everything on it even in the darker areas this is not the light for you.Get more detail about Cateye HL-EL220 LED Bicycle Headlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment