Saturday, March 6, 2010

Park Tool Advanced Mechanic Tool Kit - AK-37 Review


I started getting into bicycling very serious last couple years. I ride over 600+ miles a month in average and later realized that I need a tool set to maintenace my bikes. I just do not like the idea leaving my bike at the LBS for couple days for maintenance because I am riding my bikes almost every other day so the timing is very important for me.

I finally drop the money to buy the set and am glad that I did because I do not need to drop my bikes off at the LBS to have the bikes tune up. There were times that I need to change the cassett and I can do that myself instead of paying $30 for the shop to do it. The regular tune up can cost around $40 a visit so overtime this tool set is paying for itself.

I commute to work about 40+ miles a day, three times a week with 60-100 miles over the weekend. Next thing you know the bikes will need to clean and tune. -- It doesn't take long for this tool to pay for itself.

I would recommand to buy "Pro Elite Bike Repair Stand" from REI if you are going to be your own merchanic. My son always like to sit next to me when I am tunning my bikes and this tool set is going to pass down to him eventually.(Think about that is a long term investment. Ha ha!)

The set has about 90% of the tool you will ever need for regular maintenance. You can buy the special tools seperate if you ever needed.

I had couple roadies friends come by occationally to use the tool for their bike maintenance or swap out their racing wheels with the cassette. You owe that to youself a good set of tool if you enjoy riding bikes as much as I do.Get more detail about Park Tool Advanced Mechanic Tool Kit - AK-37.

No comments:

Post a Comment